.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Skate at Somerset House






Friend and fellow blogger AskHat once asked me to go ice-skating at Somerset House. This wasn't just any old skating, it was Time Out Singles Skating, and fortunately being able to skate wasn't essential. We were single and that was what really mattered.

During our session on the ice (I use that term very loosely), my confidence grew and suddenly I was teaching a poor young man to skate. Must have been the novelty of finding someone even more pathetic than I was, clinging to the barrier. Hey, at least I was moving! Needless to say, new friend, Marco, landed flat on his face, and promptly left the rink. Hat and I followed to apologise and offer a conciliatory plastic cup of mulled wine. Skates off and dignity intact, we headed to the bar, where we met Marco's friend, the lovely Dan.

That was seven years ago, today! Hat and Dan are married now, with a bump (due in January), so how about that for a real-life love story on ice?

Oh and Tiffany sponsor the rink. This charm bracelet is a holiday gift, the ice skate is very cute, not cheap (£115) but I think Hat would quite like one....


Somerset House photo from Time Out