.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







How to... shop successfully in the sale: The shopping plan

Christmas Day is over and so the sales have begun!


My treat - to celebrate the long awaited and anticipated end of my six month shopping ban - is some much needed sales shopping in Cardiff with my mum! (Next week)


Sales shopping is always a tricky one. There is always the temptation to just dive in and buy anything and everything just because it is reduced and therefore, a bargain. But how much of a bargain is it when you have spent £££ on a lot of stuff you don't actually need or even want.


The key to successful sales shopping is to have a plan. Know what is missing from your wardrobe and what you hope to pick up and aim for that. If you see a couple of 'surprise' bargains along the way then you can always grab these too, of course!


1. Winter coats are always good. I have managed to get all five of mine in the past two winter sales. They tend to be classic pieces that will last for more than one season.


2. Boots are on my list this year. I have my beautiful Primark over-the-knee boots but want some sturdier ones that might last a bit longer (see my top ten winter boots!).


3. Jeans are another good sales find. If you can find a pair in your size and a style you like, then you are in business. This year, I am on the hunt for some jeggings.


4. Party wear is always on sale after the festive and New Year party seasons are over. Anything in black with some embellishment is likely to be classic enough to last you a couple of party seasons.


5. Underwear. M&S, in particular, usually have massive discounts on their lingerie. Grab some cute undies for the New Year! It's a good time to stock up!


6. Costume jewellery is always cheap in the sales. As it is one size you are sure to find something you love! Most high street stores cut their costume jewellery to £1 later in the sales.


7. Check out gift sets of cosmetics and perfume in the post-Christmas sales. These are always discounted and you can often find something you use in amongst them.


8. It might be terribly geeky or OCD of me but I always buy Christmas wrapping paper and cards in the sales. It saves the hassle next year and I get some nice Paperchase ones for half the price!


9. Decorations are also discounted come January. I like to buy a couple of really special ones for next year's tree!


10. CDs and DVDs. I always end up going home with new films or music from the sales - they are always bargainous!!


As always, happy shopping! I'll post my sales stash next week!


More soon. Love, SG