.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Quote of the week



It's good having a friend in the music business, you get to go to the occasional free gig, hang around at crappy after-show parties and use the backstage toilets at Glastonbury. That's Not My Age and friend once went to see Suede at the ICA, London. When I say went to see Suede, I mean the last five minutes. Music industry types have been to so many gigs they don't seem to mind just catching the encore - whereas us civilians like to get our money's worth. So we spent most of the evening in a wine bar round the corner, but what little Suede action I did see was bloody brilliant. Brett Anderson, now 43, is sexy in a Bowie-like way and has the kind of stage presence I'd like to bottle and sell to X Factor wannabes.

He's also straight talking. This week dispelling the myth that life on the road is all women, wine and song:

'Rock's not all about carnal glamour. You spend a lot of time sitting on grubby sofas backstage, fiddling with bits of cheese.'




Oh and Mr That's Not My Age has just informed me that this Suede gig is in his all time top 10 live performances:



The band are reforming in March but Mr TNMA doesn't want to go, oh no! 'One should never go back,' he says. I didn't need telling. After seeing New Order at Glastonbury in 2005, Bernard Sumner's embarrassing dad-dance was enough to convince me revivalism is wrong.

And, now for a small survey:

1. Firstly, I'd like to know if anyone has ever been to a decent post-gig drink-up? (I want dates, names and rider details, please.)

2. Have you ever seen one of your all-time favourite bands 10 or 20 years down the line? And how was it for you?

3. Don't you think Mr Anderson looks very fine in his classic shirt?


Quote and photo from The Guardian.