.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







The royal wedding



Forget Prince William and Kate Middleton, readers and fellow members of The Mary Portas Appreciation Society, the royal wedding I'm talking about is between our very own Queen of Shops and her partner, the fabulous fashion journalist, Melanie Rickey. Otherwise known as my New Best Girlfriends (NBGs).

There's been media speculation for some time now about the impending civil partnership, but Rickey confirmed on her blog this week that the happy couple have been shopping for wedding dresses. Posting a wonderful photograph entitled 'What we are not wearing on our wedding day' of my NBGs trying on floor length traditional gowns at Browns Bride. Sadly, the photograph has since been removed due to copyright infringement - and when I bumped into The Fashion Editor at Large yesterday (I am not making this up, honest!) she told me that the story and the photo had been nabbed by a gossip columnist for one of the country's largest selling newspapers - I'm not saying which because I can't find the story, don't want to get done for libel and they are my New Best Girlfriends, after all.

Anyway, That's Not My Age got to thinking (some may say obsessing) about what M & M should wear for the big day. Rickey says the outfits need to be totally fab and complement each other, so here are my suggestions:




NBG/MP rocking this Burberry Prorsum silver metallic coat dress and NBG/MR in a beautiful emerald green YSL number.




The Queen of Shops could wear this gorgeous asymmetric Vionnet dress and the Fashion Editor at Large a complementary silk jumpsuit by Lanvin.




Midnight blue cocktail dresses would look super-chic. Melanie Rickey in a Celine shift-with-a-twist and Mary Portas in this tasseled Jil Sander number.




Or for full-on, jaw-dropping glamour my NBGs could opt for Alexander McQueen.


What do you think Mary Portas and Melanie Rickey should wear?



Next week: how to be the best-dressed wedding guest (can't wait for my invite to arrive!)

Photos
Wedding bouquet: McQueens
Catwalk shots: style.com