.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Quote of the week: Sigourney Weaver



That's Not My Age may not have seen Avatar - 3D animation is not really my thing and anyone with Cameron for a surname is not very popular in our household - but I have been to an IMAX cinema. A couple of years ago, Mr TNMA (a massive Rolling Stones fan) bought tickets to Martin Scorsese's Shine a Light, but at three rows back we were so close to the rock 'n' roll action I felt quite nauseous and had to close my eyes. The Blog Widower was not impressed. Particularly as I'd already handed back my complimentary t-shirt saying, 'Give it to someone who might wear it.'

Anyway, this week's quote is from Sigourney Weaver, 60, who plays scientist, Grace Augustine (Avatar has just been released on DVD and Blu-ray) - and no, it's not about the size of James Cameron's breasts.

'I like getting older - it's interesting. I don't think it's attractive to have a taut face with a 65-year-old's body. I find that look scary. My mother was a great beauty and never succumbed to plastic surgery. She thought it was best to grow old gracefully. I feel the same. We change ourselves by looking back and trying to stay young instead of moving forward.'

And while we're on the subject of growing old gracefully, with Exile on Main Street about to be reissued, Keith Richards, 66, talks to Rolling Stone magazine about touring, 'I don’t know how the rest of them feel about roadwork at the moment. Maybe we’ll search for a different way for the Stones to go back on the road. Maybe not the football stadiums anymore. Maybe something different. You can’t go around there in lemon yellow tights forever.'



Sigourney Weaver photo and quote: The Guardian