.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







30 for 30 Challenge: The Remixers

Last summer I embarked on a six month shopping ban and whilst it was great for my bank balance and taught me to really appreciate what is in my wardrobe, those lessons and benefits have fallen by the wayside since the ban ended at the beginning of the year. Both the boyf and my mother have suggested that I do it again but a whole six months feels like such a long time now. However with a holiday on the horizon and birthdays and my Paris trip and then Christmas, I need to get my finances in order and had already decided to take a month off shopping – next month, to be precise – when I came across this challenge:


Kendi of Kendi Everyday challenged herself and others earlier this year to wear and remix 30 items from their wardrobe for 30 days.


So I thought, why not? I could do that too. Couldn’t I?


So, starting tomorrow, this is what I will be doing. I have chosen my 30 items from my wardrobe – and washed and ironed them all – and every day for the next 30 days I will post my “remixed” outfit here, featuring the 30 carefully chosen items.


Now, later this month I am off on holiday for 10 days, so I have had to factor this into my decision making a little which means that a fair few of my 30 items are beach related. We’ll just have to see how that works out for the 20 or so days that I’m not on holiday and that, instead, I am in rainy Britain.


There is another reason for my deciding to set myself this challenge: I have recently fallen out of love with everything in my wardrobe. Every morning as I lie in bed trying to convince myself to get up, I do a little mental tour of my wardrobe and instantly wish I didn't have to get up because, despite a wardrobe packed with clothes and drawers overflowing with more clothes, I have nothing to wear. I’m hoping that this challenge will remind me of all of the lovely clothes I have and give me some ideas for those mornings when I feel less than enthusiastic about the contents of my wardrobe.


To get me going I’ve even planned a few “fall back” outfits in case I get stuck for ideas at any point but I won't reveal anything here!


If you’re after a little more of an extreme challenge, you could try the Six Items Or Less Challenge!


If you do decide to take up either of these challenges, why not tell us all about it? Leave a comment here or send me an email and I might even feature you.


I’d just like to add that I found out about the challenge from Modly Chic – Modly Chic is a fashion blog for the average girl who cares about looking good without spending a lot of money and without looking cheap. Sounds good? Then go check this wonderful and pretty blog out.