.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Friend Friday #37: Fitness and Fashion

Source


I'm sure most of us have been glued to our television sets today, watching Prince William and Catherine Middleton marry in a ceremony at Westminster Abbey this morning. But as their celebrations continue in Buckingham Palace this evening, our lives return to normal. Ah well.


This week's topic for Friend Friday is fitness. Not something that I confess to know too much about, but we shall see, as I answer the questions posed:




1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?

I am lazy. I take no pride in my laziness. But when I get home from a long day at work the very last thing I feel like doing is heading out to the gym. The most exercise I usually do is swimming on holiday. If I stay in a hotel when I'm away with a swimming pool, I will always enjoy a swim in the evening and the morning. In spite of this, I hate going to the local swimming pool. However, I have recently started attending a Zumba class and have found myself enjoying it. Which is nice.

I also cycle during the summer months. In the winter it is simply too wet for me to get my bike out. However this summer I will take my driving test and am sure that the lure of the bike, even in the warm weather, will not be quite so strong as when it was the only alternative to walking!

2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?

As I'm only just starting to "work out" it has yet to really change my body image or even to have effect on my body - here's to hoping for the next month or two!!

3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?

Last year I was asked to trial Reebok's EasyTone trainers and the brand were kind enough to gift me, not only the trainers, but a complete training outfit. The kit is mainly for functionality but I do have a bit of a hot pink and black colour scheme going on. Which reminds me, I think shorts are definitely the way forward in the hot weather because hot weather + workout = hot hot HOT! Need to buy shorts!

4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?

I have to admit that I have never felt any real pressure to "do" physical exercise but I think that in the last year or so I have become more aware of the fact that I should really be exercising for my own good - but this awareness is more from within than from anyone outside pressure.

5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.


Maybe a 5K run - or walk - for charity would be nice to do. It would be nice to have something to work towards. But that will be in another couple of years, I think.

How about you, do you work out? If so, what do you do? Any advice for me?


Remember to check out the other responses to this week's FBFF topic over at ModlyChic. And if you fancy being involved each week, be sure to check out all of the information here.