.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Friend Friday #42: Packing for vacation

Sunset over the sea off Ibiza


Now that summer is in full swing and vacations are coming up, this week we're going to talk about what to pack to take on vacation:

1.      When it comes to packing for vacation what’s your mantra?




Every time it comes to packing for a holiday, I always try to pack light but somehow it never really happens. I do try to work out the outfits I plan to wear each day/evening on holiday and pack accordingly. However, I admit I usually end up over-packing and forgetting something - last summer I forgot to take any shorts with me on holiday which meant that I rather wasted all of the separate tops I brought to go with them!

2.      What are your must packs?



For summer holidays, I always have a pack of wet wipes in my bag - boring but always always useful! They also double up as face wipes if you forget them.


3.      What are you happy to leave behind?


My laptop! And my straighteners! On holiday I am far too busy sight-seeing, catching up with friends or just having fun/relaxing to be on my laptop. And as many times as I take my straighteners with me, I never end up using them, so now just I don't bother.

4.      Any packing secrets that help you get everything into one suitcase?



Try to take items that will double up - do you really need both pairs of shorts or will one be adequate? Do you need three pairs of  plastic flip flops or will you just end up wearing your one favourite pair?

5.      Beach reading… what are you taking with you to read in the sand? 



Two weeks ago when I was in Ibiza I read "I Heart New York". When I'm on holiday I like to read easy-going and light chick lit, which is exactly what this book is. It does have some wonderful descriptions of New York city which made me wish for a return visit very soon.


For further reading on this subject check out these posts:


How To Pack For A Mini Break

How To Make A Hotel Room Feel Like Home

How To Pack Light For 10 Days In The Sun


Remember to check out the other responses to this week's FBFF topic over at ModlyChic. And if you fancy being involved each week, be sure to check out all of the information here.