.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location







Why I love Paris





There are two reasons That's Not My Age wants to visit Paris at the moment - and neither of them include the words fashion and week. No. I want to go to Paris to see Eric Cantona, 43, making his stage debut, followed by a spot of nightclubbing at Queen, where Mamy Rock, a 69 year-old DJ is er, rocking la maison.

If we're talking heroes, then Monsieur Cantona is mine. That's Not My Age saw the French footballer play many times for Manchester United, and can confirm that he's worthy of the title, Eric the King. So regal. And now I'm past caring about live football and couldn't afford it anyway, monsieur is the star of stage and screen. How thoughtful. Last year, Mr TNMA bought tickets to see a special screening of Ken Loach's Looking for Eric, followed by a Q&A session with Cantona and Loach. Now, I may be a little bit biased, but the film, a heart-warming tale of love, loss and legends, was brilliant. When Cantona walked into the cinema afterwards, there was a collective gasp, quickly followed by a standing ovation - and a few tears! Even Mr TNMA (a Chelsea fan) got a bit emotional. I was desperate to ask Monsieur C a question, but 'Will you go out with me?' didn't feel appropriate. So, even though I won't be able to keep up with the French dialogue, I'd still like to see my hero perform in Face au Paradis. Oh yes, whether it's on screen, stage or soccer pitch, I love to spend 90 minutes with Eric Cantona.

And then when I've recovered my composure, it'll be off to see Mamy Rock. The superstar DJ who's hot news in Paris. " I like to mix old and new,' says Ruth Flowers (real name) from Bristol, 'so I might put electro alongside the Rolling Stones.' The glamorous grandma started clubbing after her husband died, and may be the oldest DJ in town but in super-sized sunglasses, metallic bomber jacket and tracksuit bottoms, she rocks.



Face au Paradis is on at Théatre Mariguy, Paris.



Photos

Eric Cantona from The Mirror
Mamy Rock from The Guardian